Aug 14, 2011

Making of a Nursery - Part 1

You may be thinking to yourself...really starting the nursery this early.  I have to admit...I too think it is a little early, but when you take into consideration that our little guy is due right around Christmas, we are about to start football season, and the fact that I am making all of the bedding and window treatments myself....I somehow already feel behind. 

So with that said we opted to go ahead and start the process of transforming our guest room into the nursery.  I have said all along I am going gender neutral.  So regardless of the fact that we now know we are having a boy the plan is to use this with future Baggett babies as well.




My sister-in-law, Sarah Harper, was kind enough to come over on Friday night to help get the room taped off.  She didn't want to be in the pictures, but trust me she was there and we appreciate her help so much.  If that wasn't enough she showed up AGAIN on Saturday to help paint!  I don't say this often enough, but I have the best sister-in-law.  She is our only immediate family member that lives in Birmingham and we love being able to see her often.  Thanks again for your help Sarah Harper!!!!



I am so pleased with how the paint turned out.  I sampled about 5 different blue/gray colors and ultimately went with Benjamin Moores Gray Owl.  It is the perfect blue/gray and is such a calming color.  I am not the best when it comes to picking out paint colors (did you see the pink walls?) so I was thrilled when it turned out.




Lastly we were able to hang the London Shade once the paint was dry.  I have had my eye on these London shades for some time now and wanted to make one but just never had the right place....but now I do!  This was my first attempt at a "working" shade...meaning one that actually goes up and down.  I have made a few Roman Shades that are just for looks and are stationary, but this time I really wanted it to work.  It was a little more involved than I initially anticipated, but I think it turned out well....and it works! 






Please excuse the poor picture quality.  I am no photographer, and the sun was beaming in the window when I was taking these pictures.

Hopefully I will be back soon with Part 2!

1 comment:

  1. The paint color looks great!! Also good job on the shade! Can't wait to meet Baby Boy Baggett! You are going to be such a good mother!

    ReplyDelete